The legendary Stans Crest rim is even better for 2016. Wider and even lower profile, the new Stans Crest rim MK3 sheds weight for faster acceleration and climbing. WideRight 23mm internal width increases tyre volume for improved stability with wider tyres. Inspired by our carbon technology, the entirely new rim shape adds strength and virtually eliminates the chance of a tyre pinch flat. Refined over the past 15 years, our Bead Socket Technology offers the most trusted tubeless seal in the business, making the Stans Crest MK3 the best choice for lightweight, tubeless XC performance.
Strada says: the Stans Crest rim (MK3) has been completely re-designed. The nipple hole is small and we think they work best with the high quality DT Squorx alloy nipple, which although more expensive does fit the very well. Hubs: We can build these with Hope Pro 4, Hope RS4, DT Swiss 350 and DT Swiss 240s and Chris King ISO. We usually build these 28 hole 2 cross lacing with bladed black spokes. If you are a bigger rider then we may go to 32 hole 3 cross lacing.
- 23mm internal rim width for more stability with larger tyres.
- 16g lighter than the original Crest (29″ size).
- Low-profile shape rolls faster, lasts longer, and helps stop tyre pinch flats.
- Laterally stiffer and stronger for improved handling.
- Wider but even lighter than the original Crest.
- More durable rim shape and alloy.
- Most trusted tubeless system for easy setup and low maintenance.
- Legendary Crest climbing and speed in a high volume rim.
- WideRight optimized for XC tyres.
Rim Internal Width: 23.0mm
Rim External Width: 26.3mm
Rim Depth: 15.8mm
Hole Count: 28-hole, 32-hole
Drilling Style: Symmetrical
Material: 6069 Aluminum Alloy
Brakes: Disc only
Rim Weight: 326g (26″) / 341g (27.5″) / 364g (29″)
Spoke Tension: 95kgf (930N)
Max Rider Weight: 190lbs / 86 kilo
Max Pressure with 2.0″ Tyre: 40psi
Max Pressure with 2.25″ Tyre: 38psi